LABORATORY OF BIOCHEMISTRY AND QUALITY SELECTION
About / Laboratory
Head of Laboratory - Ph.D. Dashkevich Svetlana Mikhailovna.
In order to improve selection for grain quality at the All-Union Research Institute of Grain Farming (now LLP In SPCGF named after. A.I. Barayev) in 1959, S.S. Sinitsyn organized a laboratory for assessing the technological properties of wheat breeding material consisting of 7 people. To carry out a comprehensive assessment of grain quality at the later stages of breeding, the laboratory in the 70s purchased the appropriate equipment to determine the physical properties of the dough (alveograph, farinograph), baking qualities (mechanized dough mixer, proofer, electric furnace with a rotating hearth), etc. allowed to give a relatively complete description of the quality of grain breeding material and newly created varieties.The Plant Biochemistry Laboratory was organized in 1972 under the direction of V.I. Gracheva. The first studies in the field of biochemistry were aimed at studying the influence of agrotechnical measures, soil and climatic conditions on the accumulation of protein in the storage organs of cereals. In order to identify samples with a high content of protein, lysine, amino acid composition and low coumarin at all stages of the selection process, the nutritional and feed value of grain and fodder crops was evaluated, variability of the qualitative composition of protein and carbohydrate complexes of wheat grain was determined depending on the genotype.
In 2013, as a result of the association of laboratories for assessing the technological qualities of grain and plant biochemistry, one laboratory for biochemistry and selection for quality was established.
Head of the laboratory Dashkevich Svetlana Mikhailovna, candidate of agricultural sciences, area of scientific interests: crop selection, agricultural product quality assessment, author of varieties of perennial grasses, spring soft and durum wheat, oilseeds and legumes. He has 3 copyright certificates for wheat varieties Tselina 50, Shortandinskaya 2012 and Asyl Sapa, peas “Kasib”, sunflower Zhaydarman, wheat grass, wheatgrain broad-bore, brittle gill, straight rump, spring rape.
Laboratory staff: Maral Uralovich Utebaev, a senior researcher, graduate student of the Tyumen State University with a degree in Biotechnology, conducts research in the field of chemistry of natural compounds, molecular biology, and the author of the spring rape variety Maibulak.
Junior researcher Chilimova Irina Vladimirovna, specializes in assessing the quality of fodder, legumes, oilseeds, author of the status pea varieties, lentils Krapinka, alfalfa varied Lucius 14.
The junior researcher Oksana Kradetskaya, is involved in evaluating the quality of oilseeds and grain crops, the author of spring rape varieties Mayla Dun, sunflower Kun Nury.
The laboratory of biochemistry and selection for quality is part of the "Analytical Center for Determining the Quality of Soil and Crop Production" LLP " SPCGF named after A.I. Barayev ", which is accredited in the accreditation system of the Republic of Kazakhstan for compliance with the requirements of ST RK ISO / IEC 17025-2007" General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories "accreditation certificate No. KZ.I.03.1538 of September 15, 2014.
The work uses chemical and rapid methods for determining quality indicators using infrared analyzers, quality assessment on instruments and equipment, interstate, national and international standards.
The main tasks of the laboratory:
- study of the quality of crops by biochemical and technological indicators at different stages of selection;
- control of biochemical and technological indicators in the process of creating new technologies;
- the provision of services to agricultural producers in the field of product quality assessment
Currently, the scientific activities of the laboratory are carried out in the following areas:
- assessment of the quality of wheat grain by biochemical and technological indicators at the early stages of selection, starting with hybrid nurseries, where high-quality genotypes are selected according to protein content and sedimentation;
- full technological analysis in preliminary and competitive varietal tests, including determination of commodity indicators according to GOST 1046-2008 (moisture, nature, protein content, quantity and quality of gluten), alveography and farinography, baking assessment and evaluation of the technical properties of durum wheat pasta;
- identification of varietal material by stability and uniformity by electrophoresis of storage proteins - gliadin, glutenin, hordein, avenine; study of alpha-amylase polymorphism; - conducting studies on the accumulation of carotenoid pigments in durum wheat;
- assessment of the quality of oil seeds (rapeseed, sunflower, flax) by oil content, protein content, fatty acid composition of oils (saturated and unsaturated acids), the content of glucosinolates, erucic acid in rapeseed;
- the chemical composition and nutritional value of perennial cereals and legumes with the determination of macronutrients (NPK), dry matter, crude protein, ash, fat, crude and detergent fiber, sugar, carotene, metabolic energy and feed units;
- assessment and selection of high-quality genotypes of legumes (peas, chickpeas, lentils);
- control of biochemical and technological indicators of crops in the process of creating new agricultural technologies.
3 -рет қаралды